- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons butter flavoring
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup pecans, sugar, raisins and cinnamon; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, oil, eggs, butter flavoring, vanilla and remaining pecans; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Carefully spread remaining batter over top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter flavoring and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Cinnamon-Nut Coffee Cake
"I have used this recipe and have found it to be a great recipe to use! I did make adjustments to this recipe as follows: I added 1/8 cup all-purpose flour so that the raisins wouldn't sink to bottom of the cake. I used 1-1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract, 1-1/2 tsp. butter flavoring and 1-1/2 tsp. almond extract for this recipe! I didn't glaze the cake-I just used the pecan mixture and the batter as recipe directed. I did grease and flour the 13x9x2" baking pan and I baked for 40 to 45 minutes or until my cake tester came out clean! I've used this recipe when baking cakes for our coffee breaks on Sunday between services. It's also nice to vary the flavors of pudding mix, too! Thank you, Maxine Winterheimer, for sharing this recipe! DELowenstein"