Glazed Chocolate Chip Coffee Ring
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makes1 cake (8 servings)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into an 8-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cocoa in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 389 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 302mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 7, 2015
Good recipe. I did add cinnamon to my glaze but other than that I made it just as is.
Aug 14, 2010
I stopped counting the number of times I've made this cake. It is so tasty and a favorite of ours. Just the right amount for two!