- 9 to 12 medium carrots (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Boil in salted water until tender; drain well. Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add lemon juice and brown sugar and stir until mixture thickens. Add carrots; stir until well glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Carrots
"this is a great & flavorful recipe. the only thing I changed was that I quartered my carrots rather than slicing them. THANKS"
"Personally like them but my kids didn't care for them I think it was the lemon juice they didn't like. I used 1# baby carrots. Next time will cut down on the lemon juice also a little more brown sugar and will slightly thicken it so it sticks to the carrots better. Also added fresh ground Mediterranean sea salt and fresh ground black pepper."
"Very Good !!!!!"
"Yummy easy way to prepare carrots! I would add a bit of salt next time."
"Carrots cannot be better than this"
"my family lovrd these carrots,i could not get them to eat, but now they want at least once a week."