- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until crisp-tender; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat brown sugar and butter until bubbly. Stir in lemon peel. Return carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until glazed. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGlazed Carrot Coins
"I've actually used this recipe way back, but I've turned to it again! I did add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. salt to taste & to spice up this side dish,I added 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon! I substituted orange peel for the lemon peel and that gave it a delicious citrus flavor!I'd omitted the brown sugar & vanilla extract for my own recipe adaptation!It IS true that the brown sugar glazedoes give flavor! Now that I think of it,I used orange juice instead of brown sugar to glaze these carrots. Thank you, Pat Habiger, for sharing this recipe!Dawn E. Lowenstein"