VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 4 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 4 cups sugar snap peas
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in the broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute garlic and gingerroot for 30 seconds. Add carrots, peas and sherry or additional broth. Reduce heat to low; cook for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir soy sauce mixture and add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in lemon juice. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrot and Peas in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p124