Glazed Bacon Water Chestnuts
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
Makesabout 8-1/2 dozen
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced bacon
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) whole water chestnuts, drained and halved
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- Cut bacon strips into thirds. Wrap each strip around a water chestnut and secure with a toothpick. Place in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until bacon is crisp, turning once; drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients; pour over water chestnuts. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 119 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Dec 16, 2012
We've made this each year since being published. We have it each New Year's Eve always!
Nov 25, 2010
I make this for all the parties we have. I substitute chili sauce for the ketchup.i am always asked for the recipe
Dec 29, 2009
My husband was quite skeptical of this recipe at first. He quickly changed his tune, however, when these came out of the oven! Super Tasty!
Dec 6, 2009
The mixture of ingredients threw me off at first. Once i got past that i decided to give it a try. They are simply delicious!! I am so glad i gave it a chance.
Nov 22, 2009
These are wonderful little bites! I have made them for years.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.