Glazed Asian-Style Salmon Fillet
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 salmon fillet (1-1/2 pounds)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- Grill salmon, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until salmon flakes easily with a fork, basting frequently with glaze.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 233 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 472mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Oct 28, 2015
I tried this recipe last night and was not disappointed. I love that I always have these ingredients on hand. This came together quickly and packed a great flavor punch. Instead of grilling I baked the salmon for about 13 minutes at 425F. I will certainly make this again.
Apr 4, 2011
This recipe gets rave reviews everytime I make. It's become a grilling staple, if we're having a cookout with plenty of guests this will be on the grill. People who don't like salmon LOVE this. I've replaced the crushed red pepper flakes with Cayenne, gets the hot a little more even
Jan 23, 2011
Did this on the stove top in a pan. I also used fresh ginger. I cooked the salmon skin side down 1st and let that side cook for about 6 minutes on medium heat, then added 1 tbsp of the glaze to each piece of salmon( I only cooked 2 pieces of salmon)then flipped it, turned down the heat a little, and cooked it another 6 minutes. I removed the salmon, then wiped out the pan to remove the little bit of fat in the pan, then added the rest of the glaze, and added 1 tbsp of butter to finish out the sauce. This made a great glaze to serve over rice and the salmon.