Glazed Apricot Sorbet
This fruity dessert is refreshingly cool and light with a hint of richness. It’s just right for a company meal or a pleasant afternoon treat. I like to serve it in sherbet glasses with mint sprigs for an elegant look. —Nina Rohlfs, Unadilla, Nebraska
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, preserves, orange zest and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into dessert dishes; drizzle with cream.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 285 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Apricot Sorbet in Quick Cooking November/December 2005