"This fruity dessert is refreshingly cool and light with a hint of richness," Nina Rohlfs confirms from Unadilla, Nebraska. "It’s just right for a company meal or a pleasant afternoon treat. I like to serve it in sherbet glasses with mint sprigs for an elegant look."
Recommended: 23 Plum Recipes Worth Savoring
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) apricot halves, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a food processor, combine the apricots, preserves, orange zest and lemon juice; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a freezer container; cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. May be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Remove from the freezer at least 15 minutes before serving. Scoop into dessert dishes; drizzle with cream. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Apricot Sorbet in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p33