Glazed Apple Tart
This is one of my favorite desserts, and a primary reason is because it's so easy to prepare. I've taken it to numerous gatherings, where it received rave reviews.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups granola with raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup of sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and water; stir into flour mixture and mix lightly. Form dough into a ball; press onto bottom and sides of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the apples over crust. Combine granola, almonds and remaining sugar; sprinkle over apples. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool on wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over pie.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 210 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Apple Tart in Country Extra March 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.