Glazed Apple Streusel Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (6-1/2 ounces) apple cinnamon muffin mix
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Prepare muffin mix according to package directions; fold in apple. Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine the walnuts, brown sugar, flour and butter; sprinkle over batter.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 6 muffins.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Betty Crocker apple cinnamon muffin mix.
Reviews for Glazed Apple Streusel Muffins
"Delicious. I used two boxes of muffin mix, each 7 oz, and doubled the recipe. It made 9 muffins. I prepared the mix as directed on the package, which called for milk, maybe that's what the first reviewer missed. My family loved these and I'll be making them again.... it's a keeper!"
"My kids like these so much that they request them for their classroom on their birthdays!"
"I added 1/2 cup milk to this recipe. Was milk left off the list of ingredients above?"