Glazed Apple Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup apple juice or milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- VANILLA GLAZE:
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, combine shortening, sugar, baking soda, spices and egg. Stir in apples, nuts, raisins, juice or milk and half of the flour; mix well. Blend in the remaining flour. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto greased bookie sheets. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes. Combine glaze ingredients and frost cookies while warm. Yield: about 3 dozen.
2 each: 292 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 237mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Apple Cookies
"Next time I'll make them with only 1/2 t. cloves. They mask the other flavors. Otherwise they're a great cookie."
"I just made these today and they are very easy and taste sooo good. It maked 4 1/2 doz cookies so you need to double the frosting recipe. I will be makeing them again and sharing the recipe with my friends."