These glossy candy-coated almonds are almost like brittle but much easier to make. With the sweet and salty combination, it's hard to stop munching these delicious nuts.
Recommended: Chocolate Almond Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon butter; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, combine the almonds, sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until sugar is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat; carefully stir in vanilla. Spread onto prepared baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with salt. Cool before breaking into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Originally published as Glazed Almonds in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p39
Reviews forGlazed Almonds
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2014
"easy enough to do. I used a coarse salt for taste and visual appeal."