Gladiator Chicken Skewers
A mild, creamy sauce with hints of cilantro and lime balances the cayenne kick in these hearty skewers. Serve with extra napkins to help little gladiators keep their party clothes clean. —Susan Seymour, Valatie, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes6 skewers (1 cup sauce)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lime juice, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Thread chicken onto six metal or soaked wooden skewers. In a shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, chili powder, salt, pepper and cayenne. Coat chicken with crumb mixture. In a large skillet, brown chicken in batches in butter. Place skewers on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° until a thermometer reads 170°, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, cilantro, lime juice if desired and salt. Serve with chicken skewers.
Nutrition Facts1 skewer with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 213 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 17g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.