Give a Hoot Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana-shaped hard candies (Runts)
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces crosswise into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes. For beaks, press yellow candies between eyes.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 12, 2016
I was asked to make these for a friend's child birthday party. So cute! Made the cupcakes the day before. Before party assembled the cute owl faces. This cupcake were the hit of the party. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes ideas that show a personal touch but not too difficult!
Jun 30, 2014
I made 24 of these cupcakes for our daughter and son-in-law's woodland-themed baby shower. Everyone thought that they were adorable! Although they were easy to assemble, they were rather time-consuming to make; however, the end results were so well worth it! I will definitely make them again.
Sep 24, 2013
These are too cute!!! Can't wait to make them for an upcoming Birthday/Halloween party!!!
Sep 24, 2013
Easy to make and a child's delight. My granddaughter had great interest in making these for a party.