Give a Hoot Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 45 min.
- Cupcakes of your choice
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup vanilla frosting
- Chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- Small banana-shaped hard candies (Runts)
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate frosting.
- Split the sandwich cookies in half, keeping the cream side whole (microwaving a few cookies at a time for several seconds helps to keep the cream side solid). Place the cookies, cream side up, on the cupcakes for eyes. Cut remaining cookie pieces crosswise into thirds; discard the center third and set the rest aside.
- With the vanilla frosting, attach the chocolate-covered mints for eyes; pipe pupils.
- Place reserved cookie pieces above eyes for the ears. Pipe chocolate frosting on ears and around eyes. For beaks, press yellow candies between eyes.
Feb 12, 2016
I was asked to make these for a friend's child birthday party. So cute! Made the cupcakes the day before. Before party assembled the cute owl faces. This cupcake were the hit of the party. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home I appreciate recipes ideas that show a personal touch but not too difficult!
Jun 30, 2014
I made 24 of these cupcakes for our daughter and son-in-law's woodland-themed baby shower. Everyone thought that they were adorable! Although they were easy to assemble, they were rather time-consuming to make; however, the end results were so well worth it! I will definitely make them again.
Sep 24, 2013
These are too cute!!! Can't wait to make them for an upcoming Birthday/Halloween party!!!
Sep 24, 2013
Easy to make and a child's delight. My granddaughter had great interest in making these for a party.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.