- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup cold 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over crust.
- In a small bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes 1 minute. Stir in pumpkin, pie spice, vanilla and cinnamon. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional whipped topping if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGingersnap Pumpkin Pie
"made this for Thanksgiving day and it was loved. Great different taste than plain pumpkin. We all love it and will make it again and again."
"Very flavorful and easy to make in hurry for surprise arrivals"
"Substituted Grahm cracker crust for Ginger snaps. Works and tastes fine."
"Haven't tried it yet?"
"<p>@Arlenetim26.....yes. The pumpkin acts as the added liquid and thins it out. I make one very similar every year. Great taste and very easy to make. People will think you spent hours :)</p>"
"I have a question about this recipe - 1 cup of milk and 2 pkgs of pudding - is that really correct? Can someone help - I'd like tomake it for Thanksgiving but that did not seem right to me???"
"I put the gingersnaps in a big ziplock bag and pounded them with a hammer and they were done in no time. :) and yes I'd increased the milk also."
"When making the top layer you need to work quickly before the pudding sets up and 1 cup of milk is just fine! A nice alternative to regular pumpkin pie and heavy cheesecake - best of both worlds!"