- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Additional gingersnap cookies, halved, optional
- Set aside 3/4 cup cake mix for topping. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and remaining cake mix; stir in butter and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Pour over crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and reserved cake mix; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until filling is set and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. If desired, garnish each serving with a gingersnap half. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 15-18 servings.
Reviews forGingersnap-Pumpkin Dessert
"This was one time I really needed a food processor (to grind the gingersnaps). I was looking for something different to make with pumpkin, and this was a wonderful dessert."
"It was very fluffy. The topping was awesome. It wasn't overly sweet. The gingersnap as a garnish actually tasted so good with the dessert, we crunched up more to go on top. I really loved the cake-like crust so much better than the typical crusts on desserts. Everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again!"
"I made this for a Halloween party, everyone loved it! I was asked to make it again this weekend for a fundraiser."
"Great reviews when served. I think you could use less butter in the topping."
"I made this for a church meeting and everybody raved about it! It is very good."