Gingersnap Pumpkin Cake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- In a large bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar, eggs and oil until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, pie spice and salt; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cake; sprinkle with crushed cookies. Freeze option: Wrap cooled cake in plastic wrap, then cover securely in foil; freeze. To use, thaw cake before unwrapping. Frost and decorate as directed.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 417 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 307mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 2, 2017
Yum yum! Like pumpkin bread with cream cheese frosting. The gingersnaps on top were a nice touch, both looks- and taste-wise, and I'm glad I decided to buy a whole bag of ginger snaps just to get the five called for. My kids turned up their noses at it, but their loss.
Jun 15, 2017
I've made this cake numerous times, and my whole family always loves it. It's delicious!
Jan 12, 2017
Made this for my sister for her birthday. She loved it. Very easy to prepare.
Nov 14, 2015
This cake is delicious! I have made it a few times and everyone always loves it. It's a great crowd pleaser!
Oct 4, 2015
I was skeptical about this cake, but made it for my step-mother who loves anything pumpkin. IT WAS AMAZING! Everyone that tried it loved it!!!!!!!!
Oct 1, 2015
This recipe exceeded my expectations. The cake was incredibly moist and not crumbly like many bundt cakes are. The only change I will make next time is to add cinnamon along with the pumpkin pie spice - and that is just a personal preference. It is delicious as is.
Sep 26, 2015
I have made this cake twice and have gotten so many compliments. It could not be easier to make - even for someone who is not comfortable with baking. It's perfect for fall and is appropriate for thanksgiving dinner or just because! The ginger snaps really make it special so don't skimp! Great job, TOH!! This will be an annual staple in our home.
Aug 16, 2015
This cake is as winner!
Dec 7, 2014
I really enjoyed this cake. It is really moist and has a great flavor.
Nov 29, 2014
I made it for Thanksgiving and had several requests for the recipe. I was serving it the next day and didn't want the gingersnaps to get soggy so I waited to add them to the top. The frosting was too firm to sprinkle them on so I pressed half gingersnaps into the cake with the round part standing up. It was cute, and very tasty.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.