I made this recipe looked like an easy fruit crisp, and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. It was a huge hit with our guest. I'm sure it would be just as delicious with fresh pears.—Dodi Mahan Walker, Peachtree City , Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
- Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with flour and toss gently to combine. Divide among eight ungreased 8-oz. custard cups. Combine the gingersnaps, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over pears.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 236 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Gingersnap Pears in Quick Cooking September/October 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.