I made this recipe looked like an easy fruit crisp, and I happened to have all the ingredients on hand. It was a huge hit with our guest. I'm sure it would be just as delicious with fresh pears.—Dodi Mahan Walker, Peachtree City , Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cans (15-1/4 ounces each) sliced pears, drained
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 32 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped topping
- Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with flour and toss gently to combine. Divide among eight ungreased 8-oz. custard cups. Combine the gingersnaps, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over pears.
- Place custard cups on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 236 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Gingersnap Pears in Quick Cooking September/October 2005