Gingersnap Pear Trifles
Crystallized ginger adds both sweetness and spice to this simple trifle. Layer in pears, crumbled cookies and whipped cream, and you have autumn comfort in a dish! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup chopped canned pears
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in lemon curd.
- Layer half of the crumbled cookies, pears and whipped cream in two dessert dishes. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with ginger. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 619 calories, 27g fat (16g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 89g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Molasses Cookie and Pear Trifles in Country Woman October/November 2010