Crystallized ginger adds both sweetness and spice to this simple trifle. Layer in pears, crumbled cookies and whipped cream, and you have autumn comfort in a dish! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 50 Easy Fall Baking Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup chopped canned pears
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in lemon curd.
- Layer half of the crumbled cookies, pears and whipped cream in two dessert dishes. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with ginger. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingersnap Pear Trifles in Country Woman October/November 2010, p42