Gingersnap Ice Cream Torte
My husband and I developed this sweet frozen treat featuring gingersnaps, caramel and ice cream. Since a little of this rich cake goes a long way, it'll easily feed a crowd.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min. + freezing
- 2 cups finely crushed gingersnaps (about 40 cookies)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a bowl, combine the gingersnaps, brown sugar and butter; set half aside. Press remaining mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool completely. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt caramels. Stir in cream until smooth; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in ice cream until blended. Spoon half into the crust. Top with half of the reserved gingersnap mixture. Drizzle with half of the caramel sauce; sprinkle with half of the pecans. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.