Gingersnap-Crusted Sweet Potato Cake Recipe
I like to bring one of these glazed sweet potato Bundt cakes as a special hostess gift during the holiday season. The icing looks pretty draping down the sides and it remains glossy even after it dries. —Catherine Wilkinson, Dewey, Arizona
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 6 cookies)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cans (15-3/4 ounces each) sweet potatoes, drained and pureed
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Grease a 10-in. tube pan with 2 teaspoons butter and coat with crushed cookies; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream sugar and remaining butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in sweet potatoes. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt and cloves; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 3. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 65-75 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 4. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, maple syrup and vanilla. Pour over top of cake, allowing glaze to drape over sides. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Gingersnap-Crusted Sweet Potato Cake
Reviewed Nov. 25, 2014
"Oops, at first I didn't see where those ginger snaps went, but after careful reading, I found them. Delicious."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC