Whole wheat flour gives a rustic look to little tassies that are big on flavor. The velvety, rich filling is a delectable contrast to the cookie cup.—Rebekah Radewahn, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
Recommended: 35 Treats Quick Enough to Make on a Weeknight
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, oil, applesauce and molasses; add to dry ingredients. Stir until dough forms a ball. Roll into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottoms and up the sides of miniature muffin cups greased with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth; fold in whipped cream. Spoon 2 teaspoons into each cup. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Gingersnap Cream Cookie Cups in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2014