Gingersnap Berry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 9 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, wafer crumbs, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Carefully spread about 1/3 cup over crust. Top with half blueberries. Spread with about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Top with strawberries. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Arrange remaining blueberries on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 12, 2010
I was looking for a dessert to take for a 4th of July lunch. I doubled the recipe to use a regular size springform pan. It was delicious.It is so simple but tastes like you went to alot of trouble. I have made it several times and will use the gingersnap crust for other things!