Gingersnap Berry Dessert
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup finely crushed gingersnap cookies (about 9 cookies)
- 1/3 cup finely crushed vanilla wafers (about 10 wafers)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries, divided
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- In a bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, wafer crumbs, walnuts and butter. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 6-in. springform pan. Bake at 375° for 5-7 minutes or until crust is set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Carefully spread about 1/3 cup over crust. Top with half blueberries. Spread with about 1/3 cup cream cheese mixture. Top with strawberries. Spread with remaining cream cheese mixture. Arrange remaining blueberries on top. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 347 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 12, 2010
I was looking for a dessert to take for a 4th of July lunch. I doubled the recipe to use a regular size springform pan. It was delicious.It is so simple but tastes like you went to alot of trouble. I have made it several times and will use the gingersnap crust for other things!