Gingered Sweet Potato Pancakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 medium potato, peeled and shredded
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; toss to mix well. In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining oil and batter.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 11, 2012
This is to die for. Just excellent. Added about 2T of turbino sugar. I always eat to many of them
Aug 4, 2011
Delicious! My almost 2 year old LOVED this! Mine were a little crumbly, but it didn't matter. I think next time I will try to spice it up a bit, maybe chili powder or cayenne.