- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pounds chicken wingettes and drumettes
- In a large bowl, combine the first 14 ingredients. Add chicken; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Drain chicken, discarding marinade. Transfer chicken to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 35-45 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews forGingered Sweet & Spicy Hot Wings
"The sauce is FABULOUS! It doesn't work as well as a marinade, though, because it doesn't really impart taste into the chicken. Put all ingredients - but the chicken - in a sauce pan and heat until thickened. Stir often.I use a tube of cilantro Vs fresh. The whole tube. If you like really spicy, 1/2 cup of Siracha as noted is great. We cut that by not-quite half (and we both like heat). Don't completely cut out the Siracha as it adds a nice taste beyond heat.I use the sauce as:1. A dipping sauce with wings. Delish. Just salt/pepper the wings and bake at 425 F for 35-45 minutes. (I like to finish wings on the grill so I cook in the oven for the shorter time. FWIW).2. To cook breasts. Salt/pepper the breasts. I pound to flatten just to an even height but it's not required. Brown both sides and put into a dish. Spoon sauce over chicken (don't drown it) and bake at 350 F for 30(ish) minutes, depending on how thick they are. Serve with more sauce.The sauce is really good! Enjoy!"
"Very good. Boiled marinade and used as dipping sauce. Awesome."
"I made these last night for our Friday night appetizer supper. They rock the house! My gang gave it 5 stars and have printed this out and added to my recipe collection."