"Butternut squash and pears are a delightful duo delicately seasoned with ginger, honey and nutmeg," assures Jane Rossi of Charlotte, North Carolina. "This is a pretty dish, too."
Recommended: Fall Farmers Market Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place squash in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Stir in pear and ginger. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until pear is tender. Stir in honey and heat through. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Squash and Pears in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p16
Reviews forGingered Squash and Pears
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2010
"Not good. Even with alot of salt and pepper could not eat this, too bland."