We love to make this chilled chicken salad brimming with veggies. Make it meatless by omitting the chicken and tossing in more edamame. —Cindy Heinbaugh, Aurora, Colorado
Featured In: Top 10 Pasta Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, adding edamame during the last 5 minutes of cooking. Rinse in cold water and drain well. Meanwhile, stir ginger into salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, combine spaghetti, chicken, cucumber, peppers and red onion. Add dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Spaghetti Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2010, p61
Reviews forGingered Spaghetti Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 21, 2018
"This is a delicious salad I think gets even better after sitting in the fridge overnight."
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2010