Gingered Snow Peas
A hint of ginger makes these peas special and one of my favorites.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place peas and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine the butter, ginger and salt. Drizzle over the peas; toss to coat.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 99 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Gingered Snow Peas in Reminisce Extra February 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.