Gingered Pork Tenderloin Recipe
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice pilaf or rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and water for 5-6 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; stir in apple jelly until melted.
- 2. Cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten each to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute pork for 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with reserved onions; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 404 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 260mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Gingered Pork Tenderloin
"This recipe was easy to prepare and my family loved it, even my four kids."