Gingered Pork Tenderloin
Ginger, onions and garlic pack a flavorful punch paired with pork tenderloin. These tasty medallions smothered in golden caramelized onions are a simple and satisfying main dish. —Rebecca Evanoff, Holden, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep/Total TIme: 30 min.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice pilaf or rice, optional
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil 5-6 minutes. Stir in water, ginger and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until onions are tender, stirring occasionally, 8-12 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in apple jelly until melted.
- Meanwhile, cut tenderloin into 8 slices; flatten each to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown pork over medium heat, 2-3 minutes on each side. Top with onion mixture; cover and cook until meat juices run clear, 5-7 minutes. If desired, serve with rice.