Ginger, onions and garlic pack a flavorful punch paired with pork tenderloin. These tasty medallions smothered in golden caramelized onions are a simple and satisfying main dish. -Rebecca Evanoff, Holden, Massachusetts
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Fall Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked rice pilaf or rice
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil and water for 5-6 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic. Cover and cook for 8-12 minutes or until onions are tender, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; stir in apple jelly until melted.
- Cut tenderloin into eight slices; flatten each to 1/2-in. thickness. Sprinkle with salt. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute pork for 4 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with reserved onions; cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat juices run clear. Serve with rice. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Pork Tenderloin in Taste of Home June/July 2000, p27