- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 pound pork chop suey meat or cubed pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium heat; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the water, lemon juice, sugar, ginger, garlic powder, bouillon and pepper; pour over pork. Add onion, green pepper, celery and red pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forGingered Pork and Veggies
"This makes a very good, ample servings for two. I will make again."