- 1 can (29 ounces) pear halves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Yellow food coloring, optional
- Drain pears, reserving 1 cup syrup (discard remaining syrup or save for another use); set pears aside. In a saucepan, bring sugar and reserved syrup to a boil. Remove from the heat; cool.
- In a blender, process the pears, lemon juice and ginger until smooth. Add cooled syrup and food coloring if desired; cover and process until pureed. Pour into an 11x7-in. dish. Cover and freeze for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until partially frozen.
- Return mixture to blender; cover and process until smooth. Place in a freezer container; cover and freeze for at least 3 hours. Remove from the freezer 20 minutes before serving. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews forGingered Pear Sorbet
"Excellent! I made mine in an ice cream maker and added a bit more ginger. Not as "tropical" as some sorbets making it a great desert for a Montana winter evening."