- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup red currant jelly
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, onions and ginger in butter for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add the orange juice, jelly and salt. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGingered Orange Carrots
"I would make it again but I did not have red currant jelly on hand so substituted sweet red pepper jelly which is what I did have. What else might be a good substutute? It is nice to dress up a root vegetable on occasion."
"The onions add a nice touch, but I found just using butter, Triple Sec and carrots gives you a similar taste without all the fuss and ingredients. It's a good recipe and will use again when I have extra time when making a meal."