Gingered Lime Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Lime slices
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots and water. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, butter, honey, zest and ginger. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Drain carrots; stir in the lime mixture. Cover and cook on high for 45 seconds. Garnish with lime.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 92 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 3, 2018
I COOKED LIKE BARB.H. DID AND THEY TURNED OUT GREAT. I ADDED AN ADDITIONAL PAT OF BUTTER.
Aug 13, 2016
We sure enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used dried. Will make it again.
Nov 13, 2012
The blend of flavors is great. I make this often but I boil the carrots. After combining other ingredients in a sauce pan and heating till combined, I pour over drained carrots.