Gingered Lime Carrots
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- Lime slices
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots and water. Cover and cook on high for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, butter, honey, zest and ginger. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Drain carrots; stir in the lime mixture. Cover and cook on high for 45 seconds. Garnish with lime.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with an 850-watt microwave.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 92 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 69mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Jun 3, 2018
I COOKED LIKE BARB.H. DID AND THEY TURNED OUT GREAT. I ADDED AN ADDITIONAL PAT OF BUTTER.
Aug 13, 2016
We sure enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used dried. Will make it again.
Nov 13, 2012
The blend of flavors is great. I make this often but I boil the carrots. After combining other ingredients in a sauce pan and heating till combined, I pour over drained carrots.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.