- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- Lime slices
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine carrots and water. Cover and cook on high for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring once. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine lime juice, butter, honey, peel and ginger. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Drain carrots; stir in the lime mixture. Cover and cook on high for 1 minute. Garnish with lime. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forGingered Lime Carrots
"We sure enjoyed this recipe. I didn't have fresh ginger so I used dried. Will make it again."
"The blend of flavors is great. I make this often but I boil the carrots. After combining other ingredients in a sauce pan and heating till combined, I pour over drained carrots."