Gingered Lemon Cheese Balls
Roll your cheese balls in the gingersnap crumbs just before serving to keep the cookie bits crisp and crunchy —a nice contrast to the smooth, creamy spread underneath. —Libby Walp, Chicago, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes2 cheese balls (1-1/2 cups each)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 gingersnap cookies, crushed
- Assorted sliced fresh fruit and graham crackers
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in lemon zest, juice and vanilla. Shape into two balls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, place gingersnap crumbs in a shallow bowl. Roll in crumbs. Serve with fruit and crackers.