Gingered Green Beans
Dress up a common vegetable for a quick and nutritious side. “The fresh ginger in this recipe is a wonderful addition to green beans,” says Valerie Belley of St. Louise, Missouri.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and gingerroot in butter until tender. Add pepper and beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 30, 2013
Excellent. I made it with the Apricot Glazed Chicken.
Aug 4, 2009
This is one green bean receipe my husband went back for seconds for the first time! We both loved it.