Gingered Green Beans
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the beans. Cover and cook for 3 minutes; drain.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic and gingerroot in butter until tender. Add pepper and beans; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 69 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 90mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Sep 30, 2013
Excellent. I made it with the Apricot Glazed Chicken.
Aug 4, 2009
This is one green bean receipe my husband went back for seconds for the first time! We both loved it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.