Gingered Green Bean Salad Recipe
Notes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho: “This crisp, summer salad keeps well in the refrigerator…if it lasts that long. The tangy sweetness and toasty flavor in the sesame dressing are almost addictive!”
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1. Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine the beans, onion and bean sprouts. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Gingered Green Bean Salad
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC