VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- In a large skillet, saute ginger and garlic in butter and oil for 1 minute or until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, 1-1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1-1/2 teaspoons basil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add shrimp. Simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until the shrimp turn pink. Add the pasta and remaining parsley and basil; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Garlic Shrimp in Taste of Home April/May 2002, p41
Reviews forGingered Garlic Shrimp
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2014
"I enjoyed it, but I am not sure my husband did. If he doesn't like it I do not consider it a keeper."