Gingered Flank Steak
A simple marinade lends plenty of flavor to this flank steak. "It's always my brother's birthday entree of choice," notes Pam Winter of St. Peters, Missouri.
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 beef flank steak (1 pound)
- In a small bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. Pout half of the marinade into a shallow dish; add steak and turn to coat. Cover; refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from steak. Gill steak, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), basting occasionally with the reserved marinade.
Originally published as Gingered Flank Steak in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.