Gingered Cranberry-Pear Relish
I made this for Christmas dinner and it quickly became a favorite. It has a nice balance of sweet and tart. —Wendy Stenman
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups peeled and chopped pears (about 2 medium pears)
- 1-1/3 cups orange juice
- 1-1/4 cups dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons dried currants or raisins
- 3 tablespoons minced crystallized ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Editor's Note: You may substitute 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger for the crystallized ginger
Originally published as Cranberry, Pear and Ginger Relish in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.