Gingered Cran-Orange Salsa over Cream Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- Place cream cheese on a rimmed serving plate.
- In a food processor, combine the cranberries, cilantro, sugar, jalapeno and ginger; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Stir in the pecans, 2 tablespoons green onions and orange juice. Spoon over cream cheese; sprinkle with remaining green onion. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 tablespoons salsa with 2 tablespoons cream cheese (calculated without crackers): 171 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 23, 2014
This recipe taste great. I made the day ahead of use and chilled in refrig for flavors to mix. The picture look like there is a lot of juice, but not so. It is kind of dry. I wondered if a step was omitted in the instructions like cooking the cranberries???