Gingered Cran-Orange Salsa over Cream Cheese
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Assorted crackers or baked pita chips
- Place cream cheese on a rimmed serving plate.
- In a food processor, combine the cranberries, cilantro, sugar, jalapeno and ginger; cover and pulse until finely chopped. Stir in the pecans, 2 tablespoons green onions and orange juice. Spoon over cream cheese; sprinkle with remaining green onion. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts2-1/2 tablespoons salsa with 2 tablespoons cream cheese (calculated without crackers): 171 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 23, 2014
This recipe taste great. I made the day ahead of use and chilled in refrig for flavors to mix. The picture look like there is a lot of juice, but not so. It is kind of dry. I wondered if a step was omitted in the instructions like cooking the cranberries???
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.