Gingered Citrus Punch
I enjoy cooking and trying out new recipes on my tasting panel of family and friends. This refreshing punch was a winner with my panel.—Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 10 cups cold water, divided
- 2-1/4 cups frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen grapefruit juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 liter ginger ale, chilled
- In a small bowl, combine 3 cups water and 3/4 cup lemonade concentrate. Pour into a 5-cup ring mold. Freeze for 2-3 hours or until slushy. Arrange cranberries in slush mixture; push cranberries to bottom of mold. Freeze until solid.
- In a 5-qt. punch bowl, combine the grapefruit concentrate and remaining water and lemonade concentrate. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Just before serving, stir in ginger ale. Unmold ice ring by wrapping the bottom of the mold in a damp hot dishcloth; invert onto a baking sheet. Place ice ring, fruit side up, in punch bowl.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 92 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Golden Punch in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2012