Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame or additional canola oil, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, ginger, soy sauce and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers and onions in 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
1 cup: 234 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.