Gingered Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame or additional canola oil, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, ginger, soy sauce and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers and onions in 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Apr 19, 2015
Jan 23, 2012
the fresh ginger and garlic are great together. I used tomatoe paste instead of ketchup and a little extra soy sauce in my marinade.
Jan 29, 2011
WOW!! this recipe was amazing. I didnt have green onions so i sprinkled a little bit dry minced onions on it and it tasted amazing. While I was stir frying the meat and veggies I was baking fried rice in the oven. It was quick and easy. Even my picky fiance was impressed.
Feb 15, 2010
I did add a little extra ginger and a little extra garlic but I wish I would have a made a bigger batch of this dish. It was unbelievably tasty and flavorful. There was hardly any left over!