Gingered Chicken Stir-Fry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large sweet red pepper, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons sesame or additional canola oil, divided
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the ketchup, ginger, soy sauce and garlic; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers and onions in 1 teaspoon canola oil and 1 teaspoon sesame oil until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon; keep warm. In the same skillet, stir-fry chicken and marinade in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Return vegetables to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 234 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 496mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 19, 2015
Jan 23, 2012
the fresh ginger and garlic are great together. I used tomatoe paste instead of ketchup and a little extra soy sauce in my marinade.
Jan 29, 2011
WOW!! this recipe was amazing. I didnt have green onions so i sprinkled a little bit dry minced onions on it and it tasted amazing. While I was stir frying the meat and veggies I was baking fried rice in the oven. It was quick and easy. Even my picky fiance was impressed.
Feb 15, 2010
I did add a little extra ginger and a little extra garlic but I wish I would have a made a bigger batch of this dish. It was unbelievably tasty and flavorful. There was hardly any left over!