Gingered Carrots & Parsnips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and sliced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- Place 1 in. of water in a small saucepan; add parsnips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in carrots; cover and simmer 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the honey, butter, ginger and salt. Stir in vegetables; heat through. Sprinkle with pecans.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 173 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 6g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2016
This side dish was outstanding! Although I'm fairly "new" to parsnips, my husband and I enjoyed this recipe so much, that I'm going to include some parsnips in my garden this coming year! I'm looking forward to making this recipe often!