VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped candied ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots and parsnips in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute 1 tablespoon ginger in butter for 1 minute. Add the carrots, parsnips and salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with remaining ginger. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Gingered Carrots 'n' Parsnips in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p60